Souls Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Souls Unleashed

Rejoice in The Field of Departed Souls.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lessons Learned [Suo]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kei
Seated Officer
Seated Officer
Kei

Soul Currency : 152

Lessons Learned [Suo] Empty
PostSubject: Lessons Learned [Suo]   Lessons Learned [Suo] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:09 am

His hands were still stained with the blood of his brethren's. His medical duties only recently concluding as the last of the injured had been treated appropriately. Normally, as protocol would suggest, he'd return to his division and await orders from his superiors. However the fourth division had been completely destroyed and his captain along with vice captain were nowhere to be found. For all he knew they could have fallen elsewhere in the seireitei during the invasion. A myriad of thoughts and concerns probed his mind like a menacing experimentation on a soul reapers psyche.

There had yet to be any word from the captain commander on the next steps for the soul society to take. The entire realm was in what was sure to be a brief but needed 'grey area'. Time was needed to assess what exactly had happened, how the enemy got in, and truly what it is they wanted above all else. Of course those were matters the heads of soul society needed to hash out. The yellow eyed soul reaper was simply an officer, that was it. Divisionless and without a superior his weary legs strayed to what was the only form of authority he had seen present since the attack. Captain Makoto.

They had parted ways a while earlier from the make shift wards he had created off set from the fourth divisions remains once their duties had been fulfilled. Captain Makoto and his surviving personnel had a place to return to, he and his immediate comrades did not. He had set off to consult the purple headed captain leaving the fourth seat of his division in charge for the time being. Truth of the matter was he needed guidance. He was far too inexperienced to handle the rest of the situation without it. After a few solid knocks on the door of Captain Makoto's quarters he hoped desperately that he would be present and still not too frustrated with him to answer. He had learned a valuable lesson today, and was passionate to perhaps learn a few lessons more.
Back to top Go down
+Suo
Captain
Captain
+Suo

Soul Currency : 855

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned [Suo]   Lessons Learned [Suo] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 4:26 pm

As quickly as they had arrived, the sect of powerful enemies left the territory through ascension into the gaping hole in the sky, where a barrier would have otherwise been present, but which the lack there of placed soul society in a precarious circumstance. The vulnerability of his home was undoubtedly inconvenient, but so were the casualties and fuss war incurred. So, as per protocol, the generous amount of Nanabantai officers were stationed at respective headquarters, fending off and defeating what remained of the low-class Hollows. Captain Makoto, however, returned to the Nanabantai headquarters to inspect and forbid his beloved officer to become prey, like the Yonbantai, to the assailants.

He stepped in, Yasuo’s disposition noticeably at ease; his underlings became delighted at the safe return and presence of their esteemed Captain. They weren’t only ecstatic because of their buffer in Captain Makoto, but mostly for his restful demeanor, a mood very contradictory to the berserk temper in the form of flaring reiatsu not too long ago that they themselves saw from afar. Had the Captain really been that upset? A sight of rare occurrence, the officers were unnerved.

So he occupied his seat, preparing the necessary paperwork and detailing the events he himself witnessed and premise for the basis of attack, not only from his knowledge but of what his comrades had witnessed in other divisions and encounters.  “Ooh, what a day,” he spoke to no one in particular, unless Hisui decided to grace him with his presence. He began, without delay as usual, detailing his desk work, only to be interrupted by compact thumps on his office door. “Kei-kun? What’s the matter now?” he mumbled unintelligibly, acknowledging the presence of the third seat.

Postponing his duties, he verbally motioned in the promising third seat who he thought would remain at his station to oversee the recovery of his fallen comrades, but it seemed the officer had pressing matters to discuss, or was it just anxiety from the transpired events? The Captain of couldn’t really tell what the purpose for visit of his company was, but impression in the atmosphere from his appearance was enough for Captain Makoto to come to such assumptions, however little or insignificant they might seem. It was one of the attributes of spiritual beings, these ‘feel’ they gave off.

Come on in, Kei-kun,” he would usher the boy in, elbows stationed to support his jaw upon the back of his hands. The Captain was mellow in appearance and his lethargic oculars gave away his fatigue, not that it ever placed him at a disadvantage. Behind the facade of indifference was a vigilant hawk.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Seated Officer
Seated Officer
Kei

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned [Suo]   Lessons Learned [Suo] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:10 pm

Lowering his fist from the midsection of the adjacent door he met eyes with Captain Makoto as his voice ushered further clearance to his visit. He found it strange that the relative vibe exuding from the commander was so lax and indifferent. His calm demeanor almost challenging the fact that anything out of the ordinary had transpired  just a few hours prior.  He had not know the man long but the impression he had gathered was that of a battle hardened vine slinging field veteran that did not take kindly to his exterior judgements. But given the circumstances of his visit, this difference in demeanor might make his efforts go over much smoother.

Upon being summoned further inward he trudged slowly towards the nanabantai commanders desk with the same expression of discontent he had maintained since his departure. His head hung low with his yellow irises beaming through the hard wood floor of the captains quarters. Though he had done his part to the best of his ability, he still felt inadequate as a soul reaper. The feelings he had experienced of helplessness to save and defend his fellow comrades haunted him to no end. The composure Captain Makoto was exhibiting, even if only a facade, was something he envied and found truly admirable.

"Forgive me for disturbing you taichou Makoto, but I came to speak with you. I first want to apologize for previously undermining your orders.  As it stood, I believed I was ready to lead and protect my comrades under my own strength and judgement. But as it proved, I still have much to learn." He said as he slowly lifted his chin up from his chest to meet Captain Makoto in his eyes once more. His face now brimming with tinges of  determination. "With that I have come to ask you if you can teach me how to fight as a leader? I can't bare to think what would have happened if you never responed to the Yonbantai division like you did.  With my division in ruins and my immediate superiors missing in action, it is imparative that I learn to rise to the occasion."
Back to top Go down
+Suo
Captain
Captain
+Suo

Soul Currency : 855

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned [Suo]   Lessons Learned [Suo] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:56 pm

Uneasiness found nest in the exterior of the down-hearted soul reaper. Captain Makoto watched with empathy as the shepherd-less sheep approached him, as a broken heart to the quickest affair to avoid the agony of the previous, Yasuo felt like a rebound. He was unsure if the officer’s intentions were whole-hearted, given the circumstances and the rapid-traveling news of the deceased captains in combat of which the Fourth was unfortunately amongst, he couldn’t be too far from the truth. However, he listened intently as the third seat poured out his burdens, bearing them with an open-mind.

With such a good-natured and remorseful attitude, the Captain fell for the boy’s atoning. There was little to no resistance to his apology and although he hadn’t responded right away, he had introspectively pardoned the officer’s errors and long since moved on, never seeing the need to hold a grudge. After all, holding on to anger was as if he were to grasp a hot coal, with the intent of throwing it at someone else; but ultimately, he got scalded. What sense was there then in bringing harm to himself, which could easily be averted? There wasn’t much wisdom in such a narrow-minded, aggressive mindset.

Be that as it may, the boy spoke with such eloquence and sanity, backed with composure evocative of the Captain’s that it begged the question, why isn’t he a Lieutenant, or better yet, under my wing? Kei’s humility had reached profoundly into the depth of the Captain’s heart and captivated his perception that Yasuo had forgotten for a moment his summoning to the First Division Headquarters, whose domain an urgent Captain’s Meeting was in motion.

A smile manifested upon the Captain’s face, who now stood, perceptibly touched and moved by the third seat and undoubtedly willing to bid to his request. He nodded approvingly, safeguarding his reports underneath his left arm as he approached the exit of his office and towards Kei, who was yet to receive a response. But surely, he could gather just as much from Yasuo’s facial expressions, couldn’t he? Clever boy as he was, this was no difficult feat. Just to make sure there was no miscommunication about the Captain’s intentions or acknowledgement of his request, Captain Makoto did respond before briskly proceeding to leave his headquarters.

Kei-kun, I’d be more than happy to instruct in you the qualities of a leader; and a fine one at that. Rising to the occasion is no easy feat, it takes considerable courage – grit which you displayed, although you may not consider it as such, but it was remarkable nonetheless and that I do applaud you for. For the time being however, rest up – don’t be shamed in doing so, the worst is over. It only gets better form hereon, so rest up and recuperate. My presence has been requested at the ensuing Captain’s Meeting and I am already late as it stands, make yourself at home."

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Kei
Seated Officer
Seated Officer
Kei

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned [Suo]   Lessons Learned [Suo] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:27 am

His heart thumped with an anxiousness he had not anticipated prior to speaking.  For reasons currently illogical to his thought process his body trembled upon speaking as if to suggest he was afraid of something. What that something was could also not be explained. He knew for a fact that he was not afraid of Captain Makoto, as if that were the case, he would never have come on his own accord. Perhaps the most probable hypothesis was that his greatest fear was exactly what he had just requested. Leadership. His mind swiftly flashed backward to his initial years as a seated officer. That day when he had the opportunity to be something more.

Trials were secretly held within the fourth divisions compounds for what was then the vacant spot of Lieutenant. Even way back when, the long white mane shinigmai was of adequate prowess and competency to fulfill the position. In the final round of the assessment a sparring exam had been held to judge whether he and the now Yonbantai lieutenant could truly perform at the fukutaichou level. They had both forced each other into their respective releases and moved with elite level speed and perceptions. Ultimately, for the briefest moments, he had usurped the upper hand in the intense battle but hesitated to proclaim his victory. That day he was defeated.

The same trembling's of fear that rocked his body into hesitation then, mirrored the nostalgic chills of the present. The daunting fear of leadership and great responsibility still troubled him. But he was ready. Then and still to this day. So why? Why the recurring affliction? How could he truly wish to protect others when at the same time too afraid to step up to the plate? His head and body bent forward with gratitude as Makoto had revealed his willingness to help. The young third seat fighting back tears in the face of the fleeting commanders compliments. He would be unable to respond as before he raised the plum haired captain had departed. He was instructed to rest and even offered vacancy of the division. Perhaps now he could breathe easy knowing his distress would not go uncorrected.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned [Suo]   Lessons Learned [Suo] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lessons Learned [Suo]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Souls Unleashed :: The Soul Society :: East Squadron Seireitei :: Nanabantai Headquartes-
Jump to: