Souls Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Souls Unleashed

Rejoice in The Field of Departed Souls.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Short Story section

Go down 
AuthorMessage
San Hasu
Captain
Captain
San Hasu

Soul Currency : 68

Short Story section Empty
PostSubject: Short Story section   Short Story section Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:33 pm

Okay I like short stories... If you post them in here I'll read them.
This is purely for fun, so please no negative comments.
If you enjoy a story posted here feel free to tell the writer.
Other than that please try to keep the post strictly story based, as it's a lot easier to navigate a topic when you don't have to flip through four or five pages of comments.
Also please keep the details of gory and sex scenes limited... While I don't mind the making out portion, I like to follow the rule of the site so if the story is going to go father than that fade it out. Keep it pg-13
Other than that have fun.
Back to top Go down
San Hasu
Captain
Captain
San Hasu

Soul Currency : 68

Short Story section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Story section   Short Story section Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Welcome Home
It had been sometime since Alex had visited home. He was excited to see his family again; this had been the moment he had been waiting on all year long. He was finally out of school for summer vacation and his plans off walking around his small town with a couple of high school buddies were only three miles away. His smile widened as his little green Mazda zipped passed the welcome sign, and hit the first of three red lights that separated him from the center of town. His first stop would have to be to the flower shop to pick up a bouquet of flowers for his mom and baby sister. Next he would stop in and grab a pack of beer for him in his dad to share. With any luck they could catch the end of the baseball game that he had been listening too. Alex finally made it to the light, and turned right. He smiled softly as he drove down the street and looked at several cars parked all over the place.

“This is odd. Even for a town of 200 hundred and some change I expected more action than this.” He said as he didn't see anyone walking the streets.

“Where is everyone?” A second question rose as he parked his car in front of the floweriest shop and stepped out.

He slowly looked left to right as it seemed that the town was as empty as could be. There were no signs of life anywhere to be found. He walked up to the window of the flower shop and placed his hand to the window and peaked in. It too was empty and lifeless. Alex would quickly back away from the window as he rushed across the street and towards the bar.

“If anything I know Sal would know what’s going on.” Alex would grab hold of the door and swing it open as he would call into the shop and slowly walk in.

“Hey Sal, where is everyone? Why is the town so… ghost… like…” His words softly faded off as he walked into the empty bar.

The only thing that could be heard was the sound of water running on the other side of the bar. Alex would slowly make his way deeper into the room as he leaned over the bar and turned off the running water. He would take a seat on the stool and look around as it would seem that the place had been recently used. There were no buildup of dust, the ceiling fan was still running, and the lights stilled worked.

“Okay this is getting creepy.” Alex would pull his phone from his pocket as he looked at the time and begin dialing the number to call his house.

The phone would ring and ring until the answering machine would finally pick it up. ‘You have reached the Cross Resident, please leave your name and number at the sound of the beep, and have a blessed day.’ The phone would then make a beeping sound and Alex hung up. He spun around in the stool and try dialing the number once again. Only to no use as the answering machine would pick up again. This time Alex left a message telling his folks to call him back.

“I wonder what’s going on. I had just talked to Zoey a couple of hours ago…” Alex’s hands softly brushed through his hair as he looked around the room once more before hopping over the bar and walking to the back to see if anything could be found.

He would slowly look around the back of the shop and then towards the back door. It seemed to be unlocked; Alex carefully pushed the door open and found a golden sea of uncut wheat. He causally step into the tall wheat that rose up to his knee, he allowed his feet to drag as he walked towards what seemed to be a small clearing in the middle of it all. The sounds of flies filled the air as he made his way closer. The scent of wheat that once filled the air would begin to fade as the smell of something fowl filled the air.  He would slowly rise to his tippy-toes as he peaked into the clearing and saw a splatter of red crimson liquid everywhere, and what appeared to be chunks of flesh and meat. The sight made him gage for a split second as he quickly backed away and fell into the grass.

“What the F…” His words would be cut off by the sounds of something wrestling the grass and drawing near.

He’d waste no time rolling over and crawling and digging to get back to his feet as he made a dash for the back door of the bar. The sounds of moving grass drew closer and closer to the heels of his feet as he ran with all of his might to make his way through the door and slam it shut. Just as the door shut a loud thump would be heard against the steal frame of the door. Alex wasted no time locking the door and placing a bar across it.

“What the hell was that?” He screamed as the sounds of his voice would crack under his heavy breathing.

Again another loud thump would be heard against the back door as it caused Alex to jump away from it and fall flat on his back. This time the thump was followed by the cries of a girl. ‘Hello, is anyone in there? Please open up you’ve got to help me?’ Alex slowly crawled to his feet as he looked through the peaking hole and saw what appeared to be a young woman no older than he was. Finally he would get his voice to stop cracking long enough to speak back.

“Who-who are you?” Alex would call.

“I’m not sure if with meet but I’m Toni, Sal’s niece.” The girl slowly turned and looked back at the peaking whole with a sad look on her face.

“Toni?!” Alex would quickly undo the door and swing it open as he pulled her into his arms.

“Oh my god it is you.” He would deeply hug her as he held her body as close as possible.

Slightly caught off guard by the reaction the girl would drop her hands and down by his side and say, ‘And you are.’ Her words would with come out guarded and timid as she would raise her hands to his chest and softly push away.

“Don’t you remember me?” Alex questioned as he pointed at his face. “It’s me… Alex.”

In a moment of shock she jumped into his arms and hugged him deeply, while burying her head into his chest. After a moment of exchanging their warm pleasantries, Alex would get up and lock the door back.

“Hey Toni where is everyone?” Alex would finally calm down long enough to ask.

“I really don’t know, I came in town last night to visit my uncle and found everything like this.” She allowed her knees to bundle into her chest as she sat with her back against the wall.

“Have you been able to contact anyone?” Alex slowly crawled closer to her.

“All I know is when I was on my way here; I had talked to uncle maybe a half of dozen times…” She slowly reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone, and showed her call log. “But once I actually got here, it was as if everyone had vanished in a matter of three hours.”  Alex nodded as it sounded like what exactly had happened to him.

He quickly dug into his pockets as he reached for his phone to check the time. His hands would slowly dig deeper and deeper.

“What’s wrong?” Toni would ask.

“I seemed to have dropped my phone.” Alex quickly replied.

“Well I don’t think it will do you any good since no one around here is picking up the phone.” Toni quickly pointed out.

“You may be right about that, but my keys were connected to my phone… So that also means that we don’t a way out of this ghost town.”  Alex sighed softly as he held his hand out to Toni.

“Let me borrow your phone. If I’m lucky I may be able to hear it when you call it.” Toni softly nodded as she handed it over.

Alex would smile softly as he looked at the time on her phone. It was quickly approaching eight o’clock meaning it’d be dark soon. He quickly made his way over to the back door as he stole a glace out of the peaking hole. It seemed that everything looked pretty clear from this. He quickly keyed his number into Toni’s phone as he handed it back to her.

“I want you to count to seven than dial my number. That should case my phone to start ringing once I get right up on it.” Alex slowly placed his hand on the door way as he would start to do a count down with his fingers.

Three…
Two…
One…

Alex swung the door open and darted out of the bar like a bat at of hell. His feet would crush the tall wheat grass as he placed one foot in front of the other and kept moving. Just as he was making his way closer to the small clearing from before, he’d see a light blue grow shine in a patch of grass. He quickly placed his hand down on it as he would plant his feet and turn back towards the door. With the hard outer casing of his phone and keys firmly in his grip he’d push himself to run even harder than before. His legs were on fire feet felt numb and yet he was still on his feet moving with everything his body had to offer to get back to the bar. The sounds of grass began to rustle from behind as Alex stared at the door and saw Toni’s face of horror. He would push himself to run a tab bit harder as he got a strong sensation that something was getting ready to grab him. He could hear its breathing drawing closer and closer. Its footsteps where moving in pace with his and slowly beginning to gain.

“Shut the door.” Alex yelled as he could feel his body slowly beginning to lose this race for his life.

“Don’t be a hero and run faster.” Toni would scream as she used her hand to wave him on.

The door seemed to be moving farther and farther away as Alex tried to push a bit more out of his legs to run faster. The pressure in his chest began to fill as it seemed that Alex had finally hit his wall of speed. He continued to strive forward, he continued to push hardier, and finally a loud roar erupted from his lungs as he broke through the wall and found an extra kick of speed that carried him through the doorway and sliding across the floor. Toni quickly slammed the door and locked it as another loud thump would mash against the door causing it to rattle as if hit was ready to fall off of its hinges. Toni rushed to Alex’s side, only after bolting the finally locks across the back door and closing the front door that separated them the bar.

“Toni what was that thing?!”

“I don’t know”

“Did it look human to you?!”

“I don’t know! “

“What do you mean you don’t know, you clearly got a good look at that thing?!”

“I!…DON’T!… KNOW!”

The room grew silent for a second followed by heavy breathing and silent crying. Alex slowly crawled over to Toni and pulled her into his chest as he softly kissed her forehead. He would use his hands to softly wipe away her tear as he lifted her head and stared her deeply into the eyes.

“I’m sorry that I yelled at you.” Alex would softly allow those words to whisper to her as he kissed her on the lips.

Toni would deeply fall into the kiss, before allowing her head to fall into his chest and wrap her arms around his waist. “Whatever that thing was, it didn’t look human and it didn’t look like an animal I ever seen.”

Alex softly pulled back as he looked into her eyes, he could tell that she was telling the truth about what she meant by she didn’t know what to call it.

“Hey do you think your Uncle still has his gun in the safe?” Alex slowly let go of Toni as he made his way into the small office and begun to look into the draws for a key to the safe.

Toni would make her way into the office and stand next to Alex and grab hold of his hand. “What if it is? Do you really think it will be enough to stop whatever that thing is?” Alex would shake his head no.

“Honestly I’m not even sure if it will be enough to even slow that thing down as we make a run for the car.” Alex stopped his search for a second. “I’m not sure of how many of those things there are. If it wiped out this whole town I’m sure there is more than one of them.”

“What if I told you there were more than that, maybe hundreds of them?” Toni’s face would begin to drop as she allowed her finger to drag across the counter top.

“Toni what are you talking about?” He asked as he looked in at her face in shock by the question.

“All I’m saying is, that those things aren’t human, and I at least seen maybe a half a dozen of them since I’ve been here.” She carefully sat on the edge of the desk as she sighed softly.

“I mean this was the first time I got a clear look at one of them, but I’ve seen maybe at least twenty of them in a group last night if not more.” Her hands slowly folded across her lap as she looked at the floor.

Alex would climb on the desk next to her as he stared over her shoulder and saw that her hands were shaking out of fear. His head carefully dropped to his chest as he thought about what she was saying to him. “So what you’re saying is that there is defiantly more of them than that one in the back.”

Toni softly nodded as she wiped her face with the back of her hand. Alex quickly grabbed her hand as he dragged her off the table and to the front door. A loud thump would blast the back door once again as he looked to her and softly mouthed the words. ‘We have to get out of here now.’ Toni nodded in agreement as she followed him to the front door that leads out of the back room. “On the count of three were going to make a dash for my car and get the hell out of here.” Toni’s grip tightened around Alex’s hand as she prepared herself to run as fast as she could. Alex carefully unlocked the door and pushed it open as they slowly crept to the front of the bar. Alex quickly got his keys ready to hit the unlock button on his car as said ‘Run’. The two of them would take off for the front door to the bar. Both of them ran with all of their might as Alex pulled Toni even faster than she normally ran on her own.

Alex quickly hit the unlock button his door as he pulled the back door and told Toni to get in. She quickly hopped in the back as he got in the front seat and started his car. He quickly cracked the car up and threw it in reverse as he backed the car up and pushed it drive. The tires would softly burn out for a second as a loud thump would smash the driver side door and shatter the glass. The car took off only after Alex received a large scratch across his face, which felt like a knife being dug into his cheek. Alex quickly stole a glance at the thing as it howled at the car and begun to charge after them. With the foot peddle pushed deeply into the floor, the car quickly got up to speed to leave that thing in the review far behind.

“What the hell was that thing?” Alex demanded as he only thing that could be seen in his review now was Toni sitting in the back seat.

“How many times do I have to tell you?” Toni quickly retorted.

“I know, I know, you don’t know.” Alex sighed as he placed his hand to his cheek and smirked some of the blood around on his fingertips before l looking at it.

“Alex? How mad would you be, if you found out that I lied to you and knew what those things were?” Toni softly asked as she stared at his eyes in the rear view mirror.

“I don’t know, maybe a little, maybe a lot… It depends on if you know, what they are, and where did they come from.” Alex’s eyes would stare back into the mirror as he looked Toni square in the eyes.

“Well, it may not come as that much of a surprise to you, but I know what they are and how they got that way.”  Toni would slowly place her hand to her cheek as she softly chuckled.

“They are the town people.”

“What are you talking about Toni?”

“Those monsters are the town’s people; they were bitten by someone with the disease.”

“What disease?”

“The disease that turns normal humans into monsters.”

“Okay, I’m lost…. But how did they get bitten.”

“Don’t know but I’m sure it went a lot like this.”

I’m going to end it here. Hope you enjoyed.
Back to top Go down

Short Story section
Page 1 of 1