Souls Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Souls Unleashed

Rejoice in The Field of Departed Souls.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anime Recommendation Thread

Go down 
+4
Doc
Armonia
Elixar Takoyaiba
ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

Soul Currency : 4

Anime Recommendation Thread Empty
PostSubject: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:31 pm

Although I have several classes that requires my undivided attention to pass, I do have small intervals of free-time. I thoroughly enjoy anime, and as such, it would be nice to have some recommendations.

I prefer the following genres:

• Action
  • Adventure
  • Comedy
  • Drama
  • Fantasy
  • Harem
  • Romance
  • Science Fiction
  • Slice of Life
  • Supernatural

I would not mind if others were to use this thread to post their own recommendations or ask for recommendations. Perhaps this may be the 'Official Anime Rec', thread; perhaps not, but the option still stands. I will be adding some anime's that I personally recommend, if someone should ask, and perhaps a list of the animes I have already watched, in case a person actually recommends an anime for me; by doing so, I hope someone doesn't recommend an anime I've already seen-- just as a reference of course. I suppose Manga/Manhwa and/or Light Novel Recommendations could be applied in this thread as well.

Note: At first I was going to give a summary of my opinion and the synopsis, but I gave up after my currently less than adequate computer made Chrome crash 3 times during my typing. so, here's my anime list and rating-- P.S. It's not complete. I can't remember all the animes of those genres that I've watched ATM. Also, I won't be including animes that I've rated under 5, cause... well, they sucked

Genre Specific Anime List

• 5= It was Okay 6= It was enjoyable, but not actually that good 7= it was nice and enjoyable 8= it was actually pretty good 9=Great, I'd perhaps watch it again 10= One of my Favorites 11=Top Tier Favorite | Over 9000 equates my absolute favorite among all others (for now)

• Acchi Kocchi - 7
  • Amagami SS Series - 7
  • Angel Beats - 10
  • Baka to Test - 6
  • Monogatari Series - 8
  • B Gata H Kei - 6
  • Baccanno - 8
  • Campione - 8 (The Light Novels are better)
  • Clannad Series - 9
  • Dragonaut - 5
  • Durarara - 9
  • Elfen Lied - 8
  • FMA Series - 10
  • Galaxy Angel Series - 7
  • [b]Gift Eternal Rainbow - 6
  • Girls Bravo - 7
  • Goushuushou-sama Ninoyima-kun - 7
  • Gurren Lagaan - 10
  • ]Haiyore/Haiyoru Series - 6
  • Happy Lesson - 5
  • Hayate Series - 7
  • He is My Master - 6
  • High School DxD - 8
  • Highschool of the Dead - 8
  • Kenichi - 8
  • Toppa Gurren Lagaan

Last edited by ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:23 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Elixar Takoyaiba
Xtinction
Xtinction

Soul Currency : 522

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:31 am

Was going to make an obligatory SAO post, then I kinda remembered your signature and avatar. Buuuuuuut, that aside, shouldn't you have a spoiler of what you have watched, maybe an out of 10 review of each one and maybe a few genre tags for each one? Would make it far easier to recommend =P

I'm gonna suggest Accel World (since its also by Reki Kawahara) if you haven't already watched it.
Back to top Go down
Armonia
Espada
Espada
Armonia

Soul Currency : 122

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 5:17 am

A list of what you've seen would make recommending things far easier instead of recommending something and then being promptly being told you've watched it already.

Especially considering the rather wide range of genres you've apparently seen.
Back to top Go down
ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 9:41 am

Maybe I forgot it, but I think that I wrote somewhere in the post that I'll be posting a list of the animes in those genres that I've watched. I'll get to it, but it's really a large one and I don't have animelist or anything, so it'll just take a while.
Back to top Go down
Doc
Captain
Captain
Doc

Soul Currency : 80

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 5:17 am

From the New World (Shinsekai Yori): A millennium from now, in Japan, exists a utopia. The Protagonist, Saki Watanabe, lives in an idyllic village barred from the outside world. Her world is ruled by the people who possess the "gods' power" of psychokinesis. After finally obtaining her own powers, Saki enters the Zenjin Academy to train along with five other children: Satoru Asahina, Maria Akizuki, Mamoru Itou, Shun Aonuma, and Reiko Amano.

Not all is as it seems, however. In this utopian village, strange rumors about a monstrous cat that abducts children circulate, and students are said to disappear from the academy. The world and its history are much darker than they appear and humanity is on the verge of collapse. Synopsis from MyAnimeList.net [Supernatural, Drama, Fantasy]

Note: The show starts a little slow at the beginning but, it gets really interesting when it does pick up.
Back to top Go down
ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 10:28 am

Sounds interesting! I used to hate shows that start off slow in the beginning. I changed my mentality on that after finishing Guilty Crown.
Back to top Go down
Doc
Captain
Captain
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 5:14 am

No lie I was going to give up on the show at the beginning because, because of the slow pacing of the start.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt: Panty and Stocking – the Anarchy Sisters – are two nasty-ass angels who got booted from the pearly gates for being foul-mouthed bitches! Now they spend their nights blowing up ghosts in the seedy abyss between Heaven and Earth. Panty likes sex, Stocking likes sweets, their afro-sporting main man Garter Belt has a fetish we can't mention. Together, they're turning the mean streets of Daten City into a buffet of bodily fluids. Ghosts don't stand a chance against their lingerie of mass destruction, and if this debaucherous duo can collect enough Heaven Coins, they just might get their halos back. It's a slim chance in hell, but anything can happen when you're rolling commando, especially with Panty and Stocking! Synopsis from MyAnimeList [Comedy, Supernatural, Action]

Note: I found this show really funny albeit, as a fair warning the jokes are more on the crude side of comedy. Don't go into the show expecting an amazing plot either, it's a show that wanted to be entertaining, which I think it succeeded in doing so in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Emperor Akira
Stern Ritter
Stern Ritter
Emperor Akira

Soul Currency : 223

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:05 am

Alright.

I am a top class Otaku, so I know a thing or two. I think I saw like 50+ anime so far and the count is going up.

1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - top of my list, a really good Shounen anime which includes most of the genres which you prefer. It has action, comedy, supernatural, adventures, drama and a lot more. This is my favorite anime. It will make you laugh, enjoy yourself, go through some really sad things and even more. The plot is really good and it is one of those anime that gets on top of a lot of lists. I don't wish to spoil anything to ya so I will not go in detail. If you didn't see it, you must do so.

2. Baccano and Durarara - I put these two together since they are generally the same thing.

Baccano takes place in the year of 1942 or something and it is a bit of a confusing anime since present events and past events are mixed together so for some it is really hard to track. However, it is a really great show and once you see all of the episodes, right away everything comes together.

Durarara takes place in the present and it is easier to follow. It is a lot like Baccano since many things you wont understand and when you finish it, things come together. Its something like a slice of life anime with supernatural involved, not sure how to put it. Either way it is quite epic.

Durarara and Baccano are made by the same person and in a way Durarara is actually a sequel.

Both have amazing characters as well.

3. DO NOT BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU, BELIEVE IN YOU WHO BELIEVES IN YOU - TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGAN - I think this anime will hook you up after 2-3 episodes. No amount of words can describe this awesomeness.

Finish these three and I'll continue.
Back to top Go down
ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:17 am

Can't believe I forgot that I watched those. Nearly ever summer, I watch 60+ different anime series' (2 series' or 2 seasons are about 9 hours consecutively, so 12 hours a day of anime is like, 60-80 different series'), so most people find it hard to recommend animes for me Razz
Back to top Go down
Elixar Takoyaiba
Xtinction
Xtinction

Soul Currency : 522

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:09 am

(Points out SAO isn't listed in your list)

Code Geass is a pretty good one in, follows the story of an ex prince of the growing superpower Brittania, living in Area 11 (Formerly known as Japan), he becomes caught up in the conflict of the people and awakens the power of Geass, and the power of absolute command.

Also has MECHAS
Back to top Go down
Emperor Akira
Stern Ritter
Stern Ritter
Emperor Akira

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:21 am

I'm just getting started.

Those three are on the top of my list.

Leeeets seee....

Tell me if you haven't seen any of these:
- Death Note
- Fairy Tail
- One Piece
- Eureka 7
- The World God Only Knows
- Hellsing (the OVA, anime series sucks)
- Ouran Host Club
- Soul Eater
- Fate/Zero
- Fate/Stay Night (Zero is better, it is the prequel to Stay Night)
- Avatar the Last Airbended: The Legend of Korra
- Kaicho wa Maido-sama
- Psychic Detective Yakumo
- Persona 4 the Animation
- Magi
- Attack on Titan
- Hunter x Hunter (2011 version)
- Kuroko no Basket
- Shaman King
- Stains Gate
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn
- Antique Bakeri

Those are just the other tops.

I know plenty more.
Back to top Go down
Doc
Captain
Captain
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:30 am

Elixar Takoyaiba wrote:
Also has MECHAS
Speaking about Mechas.

Rahxephon: In the year 2012 Japan was invaded by the Mu. Human-like beings from another dimension with blue blood.

In the year 2015 Tokyo is attacked by invaders, who are repelled by a humanoid weapon called a Dolem. During the chaos, Ayato Kamina meets Reika Mishima, a classmate.

During that same day, he is attacked by government officials but a woman named Haruka comes to his rescue, informing him that she was sent to get him by the Organization TERRA, and that Tokyo had been sealed in a time rift where time flows one third as fast as the outside world.

He flees from Haruka onto a train where he sees Reika once more. Arriving at the Room of Rah, he follows her to a tremendous egg where the Dolem RahXephon is hatched from, and upon her singing his mother appears atop the Dolem that had stopped the TERRA Invasion. In the battle Ayato's mother is injured, and Ayato flees Tokyo Jupiter with Haruka upon seeing his mother's blue blood. Synopsis from MyAnimeList

Note: The show is kinda old (it aired in 2002) I don't know how you feel about watching the older anime's so I just mentioned it just in case it's a make or, break thing for ya. Also, a lot of people compare it to the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion so take that as you like. I see where the comparisons come from but, the show isn't/wasn't a complete ripoff. In the end it was pretty enjoyable at the time I first watched it but, keep in mind I was pretty young when I did watch the show and, I don't really know where I would rank it if I were to re-watch it now that I my taste have changed.
Back to top Go down
ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 3:12 am

@Elixar I've watched those, and I was assuming SAO was a given *hint hint, Ava and Sig*

@Akira - Only one I haven't watched from that list is "Stains Gate". I've watched Steins Gate, but not Stains gate Wink

@Doc I've watched Panty and Stockings, but not that last one Neutral
Back to top Go down
Emperor Akira
Stern Ritter
Stern Ritter
Emperor Akira

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 4:07 am

You've even watched Antique Bakery?

I've rarely met a person who even heard of it, hardly anyone actually watched it.

Yeah, my bad on the spelling.

This would be a lot easier if you updated your list with everything you saw. XD

Lets try with these:
- Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke
- Towa no Quon
- Howl's Moving Castle
- Paprika
- Redline
- Sword of the Stranger
- Ao no Exorcist
- Arakawa under the bridge
- Black Cat
- Sengoku Basara
- Brave 10
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
- Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
- Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon)

I am running low on Anime.

Come on, there must be something you haven't watched.

I'm not going to even suggest the ones I started and gave up on.
Back to top Go down
ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 4:23 am

I would update it, but I've watched so many Animes that I can't remember all the names and whatnot. Ever met someone who's anime list would add up to 3 years if watched consecutively? Latest one I've watched was Monogatari Series Season 2 2nd Arc, Free and Date A Live. I was going to try Antique Bakery, but gave up on it after a while. I watched 2-3 episodes of Silver Spoon but stopped eventually-- forgot why. I read Blue Exorcist. I never finished Kyousuke; got to episode 9 or 10. I considered Towa no Quon but forgot about it at some point. So, technically, I didn't watch some of those.
Back to top Go down
Emperor Akira
Stern Ritter
Stern Ritter
Emperor Akira

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 4:30 am

Mine only adds up to a couple of months. But I'm really picky.

I probably shouldn't ask you if you saw Darker than Black. XD

Ao no Exorcist anime is okay, its not as good as the Manga since they finished it earlier and added a crappy ending to it. Basically, they followed the Manga until they caught up to it and then they made up a random ending. It was awful, the series were awesome, the manga was followed to the letter.

Same with me on Kyouske, I don't want it to end.

You really should finish it, it gets better farther you watch it.

Towa no Quon is a OVA series, it is okay story wise and the graphics are damn epic. You should try it.

Also Magi and Kuroko no Basket Season 2 are coming this Fall.
Back to top Go down
ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 4:56 am

I read Magi and Kuroko Razz

I know the plot and whatnot of Towa no Quon already. It's about six episodes as I recall.

I use Hei from Darker than Black quite often. His mask was my Viz Mask on another Bleach RP
Back to top Go down
Emperor Akira
Stern Ritter
Stern Ritter
Emperor Akira

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 6:09 am

Tbh, Magi and Kuroko got Animes that are better than the manga.

The drawing in Magi is way better in the Anime and they are following the Manga.

Have you seen Ghost in the Shell?
Back to top Go down
ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 8:10 am

I watched the first season of Kuroko, so I kinda get it. The manga has an overload amount of sweat -.- Ghost in a Shell Series was pretty awesome to me
Back to top Go down
Doc
Captain
Captain
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:04 am

Ghost in the Shell is getting a new OVA called Ghost in the Shell: Arise just in case you wanted to look out for that. Not really sure but, I think the first episode may have already aired actually.

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo): The school romantic comedy revolves around a second-year high school student named Sorata Kanda who lives in Sakurasou, the dormitory for problem children at Sorata's school. One day, Mashiro Shiina—a cute girl who happens to be also a cosmopolitan, brilliant artist—moves into Sakurasou.

Sorata thinks to himself that he should protect Mashiro from the weirdos at Sakurasou, but Mashiro has a surprising secret: she has no idea how to take care of herself. She gets lost if she goes out, and her room is a complete mess. Sorata's dorm mates designate him as the "master" of Mashiro, and thus, an ordinary boy and a brilliant girl must live like "a master and his pet." Synopsis From MyAnimeList.[Romance, Comedy, Drama]

Note: I usually don't watch romance anime but, when I'm bored and, have nothing else to do I start to watch some random anime on hulu. So, that's how I came across this show and, I got to say that I surprisingly enjoyed it. It was a good watch, the comedy kept me entertained and, the cast of characters was decent enough. The show takes a turn near the end and, becomes filled more drama instead of the comedy at the beginning. I've heard people compare it to Toradora? I've heard of that anime but, I haven't seen it so I don't really know if that's a good or bad thing but, anyway although the change in tone from comedic to dramatic made me scratch my head at first the show was good for the most part from start to end.

I'm feeling like I'm becoming some sort of anime reviewer now.
Back to top Go down
ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Hm.. interesting. I found Sakurasou to be hilarious; mostly because of the voices and funny noises they made. I dunno why, but I couldn't stop laughing whenever I watched it. Probably because I watched them in the middle of the night, so my perception of what's comical is somewhat... undignified.
Back to top Go down
Psychophixia
Xtinction
Xtinction
Psychophixia

Soul Currency : 230

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:17 pm

Shiki.
Boku No Pico.
Back to top Go down
ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

ҜﺩЦRЦRΔٲ

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:08 am

dick.
Back to top Go down
Merihem

Soul Currency : 0

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:04 am

Hmm... Its been a long time since I actually watched anime... So half of what I'm going to list is probably terrible and I merely remember it fondly due to my youth at the time and nostalgia, so give me a chance xP.

"Manga" films

Akira - Honestly one of my favourites. How it's not listed here is beyond me. A travesty! "The film became a hugely popular cult film and is widely considered to be a landmark in Japanese animation." -Wikipedia. Gotta be worth a watch 'ey? Wink.

Karas - Much more recent than anything else I'm gonna be listing here. Has a few issues, but you should definitely give it a chance. Some of the best action and animation I've seen in pretty much any anime.

Devilman - I wouldn't really reccomend the series, if only because the animation is vastly out of date. Heck, even the OVA's i'm going to be mentioning will probably look outdated, but not so bad xP. The Birth, The Demon Bird and Amon: The Apocolypse of Devilman should all be worth a watch. Manga is easily one of my all time favourites, so if you like manga as well you should give it a read. Lots of blood is an understatement.

Ninja Scroll - Nuff said.

Wicked City - Bit twisted... While I rate it lower than others on this list, I still remember it with an odd fondness.

Doomed Megalopolis - From the creators of Akira. If you watch / have watched and enjoyed it, this should also be your cup of tea.

Demon City Shinjuku - First anime movie I watched, simply listed because it was what opened my eyes to anime. Made by the creators of Ninja Scroll, just not as good unfortunately.

Urotsukidoji - Wouldn't suggest watching this one really. But it's going to be put here so you think "Yeah I'll check that out", then be completely disturbed and disgusted by what you find.

Anime Series

Outlaw Star - Space Pirates!!!! Surprised this hasn't been mentioned as well really. Good mix of humor and action, although it does get to a point where it feels quite slow paced.

Dragonball - I'm actually 100% sure you've watched this. Just listing it because even if you rated it a 4 or lower, it still inspired its fair share of what you've listed xP.

Yu Yu Hakusho - Long, but once you start you'll be hooked I'm sure. Rarely hear a bad word about this.

Jubei-Chan: The Ninja Girl - Has possibly the most irritating main character you've ever seen with her constant bitching, but the action scenes are some of the best. Jubei vs Freesia being the highlight (second series).

-----

So yeah, that was just from the top of my head. Probably all seen as terrible by the majority but meh, I hadn't seen them listed so... Yeah xP. Might find one you like there though ^^. If you actually like these then I could probably pry a few more from my mind. I would definitely suggest japanese with subs, but I hate English Dub so that's to be expected. For the older stuff it's almost not optional because it was even worse back then... <.<
Back to top Go down
Psychophixia
Xtinction
Xtinction
Psychophixia

Soul Currency : 230

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:09 am

What's wrong with what I said?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendation Thread   Anime Recommendation Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime Recommendation Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Souls Unleashed :: Life's Comedic Relief :: The Soulful Talk Show-
Jump to: